How We Work
- We are a small team of decorators who can make a big difference in the look + feel of your space. We do this by optimizing your furniture layout and making suggestions for colour, furniture + accessories.
- While we can absolutely weigh in on more involved renovation/new build projects (e.g. removing walls, reconfiguring spaces), we are not able to prepare stamped drawings nor can we apply for permits on your behalf. We are happy to provide referrals to trusted contractors for your renovation projects.
COMMUNICATION + TIMELINES:
- We will do all of our communicating with you over email. We are committed to responding to your messages within two business days and kindly ask you to respect that timeframe. Let us know if email isn’t the best way for you to connect with us.
- You’ll receive your design plan by email in 2-3 weeks. This time frame allows us adequate care for selection of your optimal layout, meeting functional requirements and contemplating the right furniture + accessories!
- Timelines can be impacted by the scope of your project (multiple rooms, construction etc.) and we’ll certainly let you know if we think your project warrants a longer timeframe.
- If your timelines are short, we do our best to accommodate your schedule + additional fees may be charged.
- Puh-lease resist the urge to shop for the room while we are still working on your plan. Seriously, it usually ends up costing you more + impacts our timelines. Let us do what we do best – you’ll love the outcome, we promise!
MEASUREMENTS + PHOTOS:
- If we are visiting your home to take measurements, we will also take photographs to help us create the right plan for your space. We’ll never share these photos without your consent.
- If you are taking the measurements for your space, we will rely on the numbers you provide to prepare our to-scale floor plans for furniture layout (so like, double check your numbers, m’kay?). We will bill by the hour for any revisions that come from improper measurement.
- We always appreciate your follow up when you’re finished redecorating – we live for beautiful “after” shots! You can let us know if it’s not cool to share them online.
EXECUTING YOUR DESIGN PLAN:
- Your design plan will include a shopping list so you’ll be ready to hit the pavement (and web!) to get your items. Please note that shipping, returns, exchange rates and duties (if applicable) and other policies will vary by vendor. We can’t be responsible for shipping delays, damage during freight or any other customer service issues with product manufacturers.
- We do our best to select products for your space that are durable, safe and meet your functional requirements (and yes! that are within your budget). We assume no liability for product failure or improper installation.
- Product prices are current and in stock at the time of sourcing. If you find any recommended product is unavailable within one week of receiving your plan, we will find a suitable replacement. This replacement will not count as one of your three included product substitutions.
- We’ll provide as much detail as possible in the Shopping Guide, however you may need to refer to the Style Board to cross reference product style, colour or finish. When placing your order, you may need to select product details from a dropdown menu on the website link provided.
- If applicable, we will provide a to-scale floor plan with your design plan – its purpose is to help you lay out your furniture. The floorplans we prepare are not appropriate for planning construction.
FEEDBACK + SUBSTITUTIONS:
- While we will do our best to select items that suit your style + needs, you’ll always have a chance to make changes to the design. Our DIY Style Guide includes up to 3 substitutions per room, which must be made within 60 days of receiving your guide. Beyond that, we’ll bill by the hour. You’ve also got the freedom to make substitutions using what we’ve provided as inspiration.
- We kindly ask that you consolidate your feedback and requests for substitutions and submit via an online form (we will send it along with your design plan). Trust us – this is the most efficient way for both sides.
- We do our best to provide a thorough and personalized service and are always looking for ways to improve! If you have any suggestions on how we can improve our service, we’d love to hear it!
- When you’re finished working with us, we’d love for you to share your experience online. You can find us on Instagram, Facebook and Google.
SERVICE FEES + REIMBURSEMENT:
- We will invoice you for our services at the time we send your design plan. You can pay by credit card (note that a 3% surcharge applies) or by email money transfer. Payment is due within 30 days of invoice receipt.
- If you’d like us to place product orders + coordinate deliveries, we will bill you by the quarter hour for this service. Where available, we are happy to evenly split trade discounts on products with you. We will ask for a 75% deposit on goods before ordering, the balance due on delivery.
Phew! Thanks for reading. Please let us know if you have any questions.
If you’re down with all that, we’d love to work with you!
Contact us to get started!